scrap your day

scrapyjacqui

scrap your day

Post by scrapyjacqui » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:11 pm

hi shimelle
i am not receiving the prompts for this project this month or last - should i have ?
checked my spam and not there either
i have been doing this class since last april and would love to complete the year
look forward to hearing from you
jacqui

shimelle
cupcake girl

Re: scrap your day

Post by shimelle » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi Jacqui -- sorry I missed this message earlier.

Scrap your Day prompt aren't emailed -- they are just available for download on the website. You can access all the SYD materials at http://www.shimelle.com/scrapyourday.

I know the reminder email in February didn't send for some reason -- I have upgraded the system that makes that work and we should be good for our final month in March. :)

Anything else I can help with, just let me know. :)

Thanks!
love and glitter,
shimelle.~*
http://www.shimelle.com

PaisleyScraps

Post by PaisleyScraps » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:25 pm

So if I want to do scrap your day now would you recommend starting in November which is Photo Fact Sheet #08 or at Photo Fact Sheet #01 which is tecnically for April?

I know there is now right way but what do you think would work the best having went through the whole year.

This project sounds so fun!

humel

Post by humel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:09 pm

PaisleyScraps wrote:So if I want to do scrap your day now would you recommend starting in November which is Photo Fact Sheet #08 or at Photo Fact Sheet #01 which is tecnically for April?

I know there is now right way but what do you think would work the best having went through the whole year.

This project sounds so fun!
I'm interested in the answer to this too - I plan to 'scrap my day' through 2010, and combine it with the 365 photo-a-day idea too ('cos I'm a glutton for punishment...)

I was also wondering, please, where did the calendars come from that were used in the kit? Are they still available anywhere?
Mel

Click here for my blog :)

Currently working on:
Image Image Image Image

Madeline

Post by Madeline » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:22 pm

I am sure Shimelle will give you better direction but When we did this we started in April and went for the year, it was only one day a month, the 25th of the month and we just took pictures and did the LO. So I would say you could start any month you want to and just go for the year and you could start with the prompt that belongs to that month if you want. It is your book so you can do what you want, no right and wrong.

Does that help at all :)

ETA: The kits that Shimelle had were sold out rather quickly if I remember right so they would not be available now. I just used my stash to do this project.
Madeline
MyBlog

humel

Post by humel » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi Madeline, thanks for your help :)

I'm sure the timings are very flexible, but welcome any opinions on whether the photo tips are better worked through in order 1-12 or I'd be better off matching each with the relevant month - and whether (Christmas possibly excepted) I could do prompt 1 in January, etc, or if it would be better to keep each prompt with the month it was originally linked with because of seasonal suggestions... Oh, I am sooo good at overcomplicating things!! :roll: But if anyone who's done this class has a suggestion based on their experience, I'd love to hear it :)

As far as the calendars go, I know the kit wouldn't be available any more but wondered where the calendars themselves came from and if it might be possible to get hold of one? Or did Shimelle make them herself as part of the kit? (OK, just answered this myself by suddenly remembering that I'd seen a thread on this elsewhere in the forum! Making Memories, right? I'll check them out but may end up making my own album anyway...)

Oh, and I didn't mean to suggest that I'd scrap my day every day!! Just realised that might be how it came across!! I'm good at taking too much on lol but even I know that would be a step too far for me... But I do plan to take a photo each day and blog about it as a 365 project, with more detail and more photos on the 25th of each month for the Scrap Your Day project.

Thanks again, Madeline :) Any further comments and suggestions from you or anyone else very welcome :)
Mel

Click here for my blog :)

Currently working on:
Image Image Image Image

PaisleyScraps

Post by PaisleyScraps » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Yep that helps. I was asking for the same reason. I didn't go through every month and prompt so I wasn't sure if some of the prompts were seasonal or not.

Thanks for a quick response. Now if only I would have seen this on the 20th...LOL that is ok though now I have time to prepare for the 25th.

Madeline

Post by Madeline » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:24 pm

:lol: :lol:
Your welcome, glad I could help a little

If I were to do this I would match the prompts to the month rather than start with the first one for the fist month.

I wasn't sure what calendars you were talking about :? sorry. But now I do remember them being from MM. Did you find them?

Hope you enjoy doing this, I did and may do it again in January myself
Madeline
MyBlog