Reading posts by original post dates

stampartiste

Reading posts by original post dates

Post by stampartiste » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Is there any way to set forum preferences so that we can read topics by the time of the original posts? I have tried to do this in User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit display options > Display topics ordering by > Post time, but I can't get it to work.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently working my way through older classes as well as running late in Scrapbook Remix, and it would be so nice to be able to read the forum topics in the order in which they were posted -- as each new topic usually relates to a particular day's prompt or a prompt from the days before.

What I am currently doing right now is printing out the list of topics for a class, hovering over each topic name with my mouse to see when the topic was originally posted, and writing the date/time next to the topic in the left margin of the printout. It's quite time consuming, but it does help me to keep up with the forum posts (questions and answers) as they occurred.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated! I love each and every class I have/am taking. I don't think I've ever taken any online class (and I have taken many) where I have gained so much insight into the many aspects of scrapbooking. Thank you so much!
ShirlєŸ

Image Image Image Image Image

shimelle
cupcake girl

Re: Reading posts by original post dates

Post by shimelle » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Displaying by post time would be by the last post on each thread, so that would not be helpful for you, I'm afraid.

Displaying *topics* by subject could be more useful. On many classes, I use the same wording to start the official prompt discussions (like 'Prompt 01 Discussion' or similar) and displaying topics by subject would at least put all those topics together on the list, though they wouldn't necessarily be at the top.

I hope that is a little bit helpful.

You could also sort by author if you want to focus on the 'official' discussions as they would be started by either this account or the shimelle.com account (my fabulous assistant when I can't be on the board).

:)
love and glitter,
shimelle.~*
http://www.shimelle.com