personal message query

HazelG

personal message query

Post by HazelG » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi folks,
I got a personal message from a forum member which I picked up via my email. I'd like to reply directly to the person, but its not showing on my messages on the forum, so I don't know how I can reply. If I reply directly to the email, it'll go back to Shimelle and I'm sure she has better things to do than forward on messages. I don't understand why the message isn't showing on the forum site.
Any help would be appreciated. I wouldn't like the sender to think I was rude not to reply.
Many thanks!
Image Image
Image Image Image

deb-a

Re: personal message query

Post by deb-a » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:40 pm

If you go into User Control panel up the top left and then into Private messages, you should be able to see the message and reply to it. Hope that makes sense

HazelG

Post by HazelG » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 am

deb-a wrote:If you go into User Control panel up the top left and then into Private messages, you should be able to see the message and reply to it. Hope that makes sense
That didn't seem to work, but thanks for trying.
Image Image
Image Image Image

shimelle
cupcake girl

Post by shimelle » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 am

It sounds like they sent you an email (through the forum) rather than a private message. If you hit the reply button in your email, is it just my email address that shows up in the address field or does hers magically appear? :)

If her address doesn't appear when you reply, then you can find her on the forum and click the email button on her profile (or any of her posts), then she would receive the message in her inbox. :) Click the 'members' tab at the top left if you haven't seen her posting on the board.

And if that's no use, please do email me and I'm happy to help by passing something along. No worries.

:D
love and glitter,
shimelle.~*
http://www.shimelle.com