Logging in between pages ?

Tilla

Logging in between pages ?

Post by Tilla » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:07 pm

I am having trouble logging in to the site, using same password & username every time. Sometimes it won't let me on and other times it does ? Then everytime I try to go from one topic or page to the next I get kicked off again and have to log on from the start ? Is this normal ? Thanks

Madeline

Re: Logging in between pages ?

Post by Madeline » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:59 pm

No it is not normal. I am not having trouble so no clue what the problem is.
Madeline
MyBlog

shimelle
cupcake girl

Post by shimelle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 am

Hi Tilla,

It's not normal but it does happen, especially the internet connection you are on has something somewhere between you and the site servers that is triggering a security risk. Usually this is a sign that there is someone using the same internet line (not in your house, but somewhere regionally along the path from your phone line to the networks of the internet) for spamming, hacking or something else that has been flagged as high risk activity.

I know it is a pain in the neck (it has happened for me too) but the best solution is to come back to the forum at another time and hope no one is causing a problem. Start by doing a force refresh on the main page of the forum so you get a clean log-in as well. Force Refresh is usually ctrl+F5 on a PC or hold down the shift key and click the refresh button on a Mac.

Sorry that I don't have a more immediate answer, but there are just two settings available for me -- low security or high security and the low option lets in spammers and hackers so that definitely doesn't work!
love and glitter,
shimelle.~*
http://www.shimelle.com

Tilla

Post by Tilla » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks Shimelle - I'll try that - so far seems to be working. Must be surrounded by hackers then as I had the same problem at the office !