Change of email address for prompts - how to notify?

cw18

Change of email address for prompts - how to notify?

Post by cw18 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:37 pm

When I first signed up for JYC (2007) I managed to get set up to have the prompts sent to a different email address to the one I'd paid from (via PayPal)

Last year they automatically came to my PayPal email address, and this is where the few emails I've had so far this year arrived. Wasn't a major problem, so left it be

BUT - in the past few days I've totally lost access to that email account, and it's taken me this long to find this board as I always used a link in an email to get here (and it was a web-based account, so I've also lost over 2 years worth of email including some fairly important ones !)

If the prompts are sent there I think they're likely to get 'bounced' (think they closed the account down for not accessing it often enough), so I need to change where they go - both for this year and for future useage.

I've changed the email address on my message board account to my new one, but can someone please tell me how I change where the prompts are sent? (I'm not even exactly sure of the original email address used, as it could have been one of three that all came into the same account :shock: )

araygirl

Re: Change of email address for prompts - how to notify?

Post by araygirl » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:55 pm

I had to change mine this year as well. I just sent Shimelle the change at her contact info on her site. She got it done really quickly.
ImageImageImageImage

cw18

Post by cw18 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:09 pm

Have sent a message, so will just have to hope Shimelle can make sense of it :roll:

shimelle
cupcake girl

Post by shimelle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:21 pm

If you change your email address on the forum, it will change where your prompts are sent.

Go to User Control Panel at the top left of the screen.
Click on Edit Profile.
Click on Account Settings.

There you can change your username, email address or password at any time.

The system resyncs once per day, so you would likely get the very next prompt at your new address. The most you could miss is one prompt.

Hope that's helpful! :)
love and glitter,
shimelle.~*
http://www.shimelle.com

cw18

Post by cw18 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:56 am

Thanks Shimelle :)

I had changed it on this board before trying to find out how to change it for the prompts, so I got yesterdays delivered to the right place :D